Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cauliflower Bread?? Yes, It's For Real, Kids...

I didn't have anything major going on tonight, so I decided, after eating dinner, that I wanted to play in the kitchen again. There is this awesome new site I found called Ripped Recipes. Basically, people send in recipes of foods they have created that are meant to be re-creations of something not so healthy, like peanut butter brownies or barbecue chicken wings. I saw a recipe on the site earlier today for a burger bun made from cauliflower. Really? Is this possible? Well even though I am not a huge burger eater, I wanted to see if the recipe actually would coagulate into something in the oven that was even remotely bread-like.

Here is what most of an entire LARGE head of cauliflower grated into a bowl looks like. And I will admit, that was a huge PAIN...but I want to try this recipe, so....I'll take it. 

So you have been warned, its a a bit tedious and messy...but then you will have...

And they are actually GOOD. I will admit, I don't know that I would use them for a burger bun, persay, because the cauliflower makes them a bit mealy, but they taste great...and are super healthy. Full of anti-inflammatory properties, B vitamins, fiber, AND they are gluten-free for all my gluten-free peeps! Here is the recipe...

Directions
Grate your cauliflower, then mix all ingredients together.

Form into flat circles onto a well oiled baking sheet. Cook at 350 degrees F for approximately 30-35 mins or until they are golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove from baking sheet and place onto a cooling rack to cool. 
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment